The majority of the people knows that LED lighting saves energy when you compare it to other kinds of lighting. However, how much energy does LED lighting save? What would be the total cost savings? Take a look at the case below!*
- Type of house: Broiler House
- Measurements: 15 * 100 meters. Walls: 2.8 meters high. Ridge: at 5.2 meters height
- Location: the Netherlands
- Energy price for business in the Netherlands: €0.10**
- Lamps compared: CORAX (LED), Fluorescent tube, PL lamp and E27 incandescent bulbs
- Average time lamps are on full power: 16 hours for 300 days a year
|Lamp||Wattage||Number of lamps||Energy usage per year|
|CORAX (LED)||9W||100||9W * 100 / 1000 = 0.9 kwh * 16 * 300 = 4320 kwh|
|Fluorescent tube||36W||45||36W * 45 / 1000 = 1.620 kwh * 16 * 300 = 7776 kwh|
|PL lamp||11W||135||11W * 135 / 1000 = 1.485 kwh * 16 * 300 = 7128 kwh|
|Incandescent bulb||40W||300||40W * 300 / 1000 = 12 kwh * 16 * 300 = 57600 kwh|
Table 1: energy usage of the different kinds of lighting.
|Lamp||Costs per year||Energy cost difference per year|
|CORAX (LED)||4320 * €0.10 = €432||€ 0|
|Fluorescent tube||7776 * €0.10 = €777.60||+ €345.60|
|PL lamp||7128 * €0.10= €712.80||+ €280.80|
|Incandescent bulb||57600 * €0.10= €5760||+ €5328|
Table 2: Energy cost savings of CORAX LED lighting, compared to other kinds of lighting.
As you can see, switching from other kinds of lighting to CORAX LED lighting would save a major amount of euros a year for this farm. Besides saving energy costs, switching to CORAX lighting has several other advantages that have an even bigger impact on company results:
- Improved animal welfare & performances.
- Longer lifetime (50.000 hours) and thus lower replacement costs.
- Easy installation and thus lower labour costs
- Easy cleaning (IP67)
Are you curious about what LED lighting can do for you? Get in touch with our sales department to discuss the possibilities and advantages. Let’s improve together!
* be aware that this case is fictional and that numbers might differ per house and per country of application.
** energy prices in the Netherlands differ based on energy usage. This is a fictional, though, reality-based price.